Sunday, September 14, 2008

An Interesting Development

Thursday night I was feeling tired and glad the next day was Friday. I needed sleep. Well I awoke early Friday morning (around 2:00am) itching all over. Even the bottoms of my feet and the palms of my hands were itching. I went to the bathroom to splash water on my face and was surprised by my reflection in the mirror. I was splotchy red all over. My face, neck, chest, hands, etc were covered with red itchy spots. I didn't know what it was, but I needed sleep and thought I would deal with it in the morning. I went fitfully back to sleep and got up at 5:00am. I called my mom and dad at 6:00am to ask what they thought it might be. We decided I had obviously been exposed to some poison ivy somewhere. I went to school, it was Friday after all and you can't call out sick on a Friday--I mean come on--faker!. Hee, hee. I went to school, checked in with the principal so he would know my dilemma and then proceeded to teach school all day itchy and wearing latex gloves so as not to spread my rash (if it was even contagious). My mom called her doctor and got me a prescription for Prednisolone. I have been taking that for the last couple of days. My read splotches have gone away mostly. I still have periods of itchiness. I guess I will be known as "The teacher who wore gloves." Not exactly what I had hoped for. At any rate - I survived another week.

No comments: